#TBT: #LivingSingle / Max & Overton & #TinaTurner
I woke up this morning to MORE sad news. Those of you familiar with my social media presence has at one time or another read a post from me stating, “I love a husky voiced woman!” WELL this beautiful woman Lauren Bacall is the influence. I grew up watching black & whites on #TCM/#AMC and when I first heard her speak in “How To Marry A Millionaire” w/ Marilyn Monroe & Betty Grable, I was captivated. A strong confident witty woman with such a distinctive voice and presence; she reminded me so much of my mother.
Ms. Bacall passed away early this morning, but continued to act into her 80’s (Her cameo on #TheSopranos is HILARIOUS!) If you’re not familiar with her, do yourself a huge favor and check out her work. This #WCW is dedicated to this amazing woman. #RIPLaurenBacall
My Aunt Crystal’s #FRIEDCRABS! (at State of Maryland)
And THIS ladies & gentleman is what’s known in the industry as #CareerSuicide… RIP @EmilyMiller #beyhive
#headshots, #concerts, special events, etc. Whatever the moment I can make it memorable. Email me SirHarveyFitz@gmail.com
From #PBS100 day party w/ @syleenajohnson @rorawmusic @kennywesley oh & @Syleena_johnson
1) I could have done WITHOUT the time traveling
- It SCREAMS “We’re not exactly sure which direction we’re going in with this one let’s just shoot a whole bunch of different scenes and try our best to piece it all together later.”
2) Jill Scott was SNATCHED!
3) I’m mad I missed the auditions for the part of Little Richard. I’d have SLAYED that role
- Furthermore they tried his everlasting soul in this film. I mean granted it’s certainly no secret that Richard was ‘alternative’ to say the least HOWEVER the character developers really did a number on bending his wrists 3 sheets to the West Village. In fact it came dangerously close to ruining the spiritual moment that transpire between him and James in the scene at that burger joint.
4) Lafayette aka Mr. Byrd was giving me Ving Rhames REALNESS from beginning to end!
5) That boxing ring scene was a haunting ode me Emerson’s “Everyman”.
6) I also could have done without the random 1st person subjective interactive narratives.
- It cheapened the format of the film for me. Instead, that information should have been portrayed objectively via rants or echoed dream sequences. Especially since a bit of that was added in there anyway. It kinda made it feel like a sitcom.
7) I’m shocked Jenifer Lewis didn’t have a role in this.
😎 I was hoping to see more of his wives.
9) I was also looking forward to dialogue between James and Mick Jagger, BB King, Tina Turner (biased), and Bootsy Collins, and of course Yvonne Fair. SMH Did Tika Sumpter take a lunch break while taping “Haves & Have Nots” to run over and shoot that ONE LINE???
10) The symbolism was very aggressive.
11) James’ dialect was GREAT!
12) Ike Turner ain’t got NOTHIN’ on James Brown!!!
13) BRAVO Chadwick Boseman
- Although his reservations of portraying another iconic figure in yet another biopic were strong, he knocked it out of the park (No pun intended) with this one. Despite the script’s debauchery Boseman maintains a firm handle on the core essence of James Brown. Next portray Nat King Cole. It’ll be UNFORGETTABLE!